Benefits Accruing from Academy Membership
Thank you for considering membership in CAPDA, a dynamic professional organization offering an number of benefits to professionals in disability assessment:
- An opportunity to identify oneself as a practitioner committed to and possessed of expertise in the area of disability assessment and treatment.
- Coming soon! The CAPDA Diplomate Program. The first Canadian opportunity for Board certification for experts in psychological disability.
- Participation in seminars and forums addressing special membership needs and interests as well as serving an educative function (Please see workshops section of the web site).
- Access to our new web site including our resources section with an archive of materials regularly updated, and relevant to disability assessment in Canada.
- Access to seminar audiovisual and text materials from our workshops even it you have not been able to attend the event.
- Creation of standards in the area of disability and psycho-legal assessment and treatment.
- Ongoing liaison with other health professions, with the insurance community, with the legal community and with regulatory and governmental bodies so that we might apprise ourselves of and influence current trends and concerns in the broader professional environment in which we carry on our practices.
- Ongoing opportunities for peer consultation related to practice issues/problems and complaints made to regulatory bodies.
- Assessment and treatment innovation can be shared.
- There is opportunity to discuss fees and difficulties in liaison with insurers, lawyers and retaining agents.
- Consideration of difficult or problematic relationships with other agencies and professionals in other areas.
- Provision of a forum allowing members to address defence and plaintiff issues in an attempt to create greater understanding and mutuality of respect among practitioners.