Validity Testing in Psychological Assessment Recent Research and Clinical Formulation
With Dr. Roger Gervais
Dr. Gervais will review the role of formal psychological assessment in disability evaluations, including the importance of performance validity tests (PVTs) and symptom validity tests (SVTs). The workshop will focus primarily on the MMPI-2-RF with a particular focus on the validity scales, including the development of the Response Bias Scale (RBS) in psychological/neuropsychological civil disability assessments/IMEs. Through the use of case studies, this workshop will also review an approach to integrating other self-report measures and performance validity tests (PVTs) including the PAI into a comprehensive, objective and defensible psychological assessment.
- Be familiar MMPI-2-RF and PAI validity scales.
- Be able to discuss state of the art use of these scales in the context of overall assessment validity.
- Discuss implications for diagnosis and interpretive language.
- List red flags identifying potential 'problem' examinees.
- Discuss ethical and supervision implications.
Dr. Gervais' talk will be followed by an interactive panel which will allow for audience participation and case discussion regarding validity testing in both psychological and neuropsychological evaluations.